The Hogg Foundation for Mental Health recently announced the recipients of the 2017 Ima Hogg Scholarship. The recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement and their commitment to providing mental health services after graduation.
This year the 11 graduate social work students, from universities across Texas, will receive scholarships of $5,000 each. Nominated by the heads of their social work programs, these students were chosen for their potential to bring renewed energy to the Texas mental health workforce.
The 2017 recipients are:
- Lori Amin, Texas Tech University
- Justin Anderson, University of Houston
- Alan Kunz Lomelin, University of Texas at Arlington
- Amber Moulden, West Texas A&M University
- Claudine Mukanyamwasa, Texas Christian University
- Holly North, Stephen F. Austin University
- Kelsey Podley, Baylor University
- Angela Radtke-Carter, Our Lady of the Lake University
- Emily Rooke-Ley, University of Texas at Austin
- Natalynne Walton, Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Tessa Zapata, University of Texas at San Antonio