The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine has named The University of Texas at Austin among the nation’s top 100 universities and colleges that graduate the largest numbers of Hispanics.
Each year, the Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education (HO) acknowledges the nation’s top colleges and universities with the most Hispanic students as well as schools granting the most degrees to Hispanic students generally and for specific majors. Here is a listing of UT Austin’s standings in the Top 100 issue, which will be available on Aug. 28.
- NUMBER 1: Top 10 Public Relations, Advertising and Communication Degrees Granted to Hispanics
- NUMBER 50: Top 100 Total Enrollment
- NUMBER 19: Top 100 Most Masters Degrees Granted to Hispanics
- NUMBER 10: Top 100 Bachelor Degrees Granted to Hispanics
- NUMBER 7: Top 10 Area: Ethnic, Cultural Gender & Group Studies Degrees Granted to Hispanics
- NUMBER 7: Top 10 Computer and Information Sciences Degrees Granted to Hispanics
- NUMBER 7: Top 10 First Major in Engineering Degrees Granted to Hispanics
- NUMBER 4: Top 10 Foreign Languages Literature Degrees Granted to Hispanics
- NUMBER 2: Top 10 First Major in Mathematics and Statistics Degree Granted to Hispanics
This issue also features special top 10 lists from the Department of Education for “What Schools Are Granting Most Degrees to Hispanics in Specific Areas of Study” ranging from osteopathic medicine and dentistry to education and public relations.
Hispanic Outlook (HO) is a top information news source and the sole Hispanic educational magazine for the higher education community. HO covers events, news and ongoing trends that affect our multicultural institutions of the 21st century. Visit the HO website for more information.