On Friday, October 20, nearly 200 members of the campus community came together for a panel discussion, titled “Free Speech on College Campuses: Where to Draw the Line?.” The event was co-hosted by the Institute for Urban Policy Research and Analysis (IUPRA) and the DDCE and moderated by interim Vice President Dr. Leonard N. Moore.
Discussion centered on how best to support free expression in light of recent events on college campuses which have involved controversial speakers and protests.
- Brianna Davis, Doctoral Student, Educational Leadership and Policy, University of Texas at Austin
- Robert Jensen, Professor of Journalism, University of Texas at Austin
- Peniel Joseph, Professor of History and Public Affairs, University of Texas at Austin
- H.W. Perry Jr., Professor of Government and Law, University of Texas at Austin
- Shetal Vohra-Gupta, Associate Director, IUPRA, University of Texas at Austin
- Sharon Watkins Jones, Director of Political Strategies, Texas ACLU