Beginning September 28, the University of Texas Division of Diversity and Community Engagement will hold Community Drop-in Hours the last Friday of every month 9 a.m.-noon at various locations around Austin.
“DDCE staff would like to make themselves available to our more than 300 community partners and to individuals who are affiliated with or would like to get involved with our community initiatives,” said Leonard N. Moore, vice president for diversity and community engagement. “We see this as an easy way to connect with community members across the Austin area and extend the university’s outreach.”
Locations for the last Friday Community Drop-in Hours and the staff who will be available are as follows:
- Vice-President Leonard Moore, Austin Area Urban League (8001A Cameron Road, Building A-100, Austin, TX 78754). Dr. Moore will be available to discuss any issues pertaining to the DDCE.
- Director of the Community Engagement Center Virginia A. Cumberbatch, Centennial Towers (505 E. Huntland Dr., Suite 270, Austin, TX 78752). Ms. Cumberbatch will be available to discuss issues related to East Austin, the Front Porch Gatherings, nonprofit leadership and community partnerships.
- Assistant Vice President for Community Engagement and Economic Development Suchitra Gururaj, Student Services Building 4.436, 100 Dean Keeton, Austin, TX 78712. Dr. Gururaj will be available to discuss academic service learning initiatives and support on campus as well as campus partnerships for student engagement.
- Assistant Vice President for School Partnerships Patrick K. Patterson, Centennial Towers (505 E. Huntland Dr., Suite 270, Austin, TX 78752). Mr. Patterson will be available to discuss K-12 education issues.
- Director of the African American Male Research Initiative and coordinator of the Greater Austin Area My Brother’s Keeper Initiative Ryan Sutton, Austin Area Urban League (8001A Cameron Road, Building A-100, Austin, TX 78754). Dr. Sutton will be available to discuss issues related to the MBK initiative.
- Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Ruben Cantu, Impact Hub (5540 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78756). Mr. Cantu will be available to discuss issues around economic development, start-ups and entrepreneurship.
- Director of Institutional Partnerships Milly Lopez, Office of the Vice President for Diversity and Community Engagement (University of Texas Main Bldg., Suite 302, Austin, TX 78712). Ms. Lopez will be available to discuss corporate and institutional partnerships.
For more information, please call 512-232-4621.