Yes…we are still accepting applications to enter the McNair Scholars Program immediately upon acceptance!
We still have spots remaining in the the 2016-17 McNair Scholars Program cohort and we will continue to accept applications until all spots are filled. Please submit your application ASAP and no later than Sunday, October 16th 11:59 PM CST to be considered to enter the program this semester. We will review completed applications as they are submitted. Please see the information below on how to submit your application.
To complete an application, please submit all of the following parts:
- McNair Scholars Application (completed and signed electronically)
- Statement of Purpose and Research Experience Essay (Please upload into application)
- A curriculum vitae and/or resume including, but not limited to, a list of all academic honors, distinctions, scholarships, memberships in academic and extracurricular organizations and participation in academic activities (Please upload into application).
- Most recent copy (2014) of IRS Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return (preferred method) or any other proof of household’s taxable income* (Please upload into application).
- Three Letters of Recommendation (2 from faculty; 1 from anyone; send link below to recommenders)
*Other forms that can serve as proof of income include: (A) a signed statement from the individual’s parent or guardian; (B) verification from another governmental source; (C) a signed financial aid application