Applications for the 2017-2018 McNair Scholars Cohort are now available here. Applications are due Saturday, April 1st at 11:59 PM CST.
We are currently recruiting the next cohort of McNair Scholars to start during the 2017-2018 academic year. If you are interested in applying for the McNair Scholars Program, we highly recommend that you attend one of our three (3) information sessions:
Session 1: Tuesday, February 21st 4-5 PM in SSB 4.212
Session 2: Tuesday, March 7th 4-5 PM in SSB 4.212
Session 3: Tuesday, March 28th 3-4 PM in SSB 4.212
If you cannot attend one of the above information sessions, please contact our office at 512-471-1205 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to gather more information and answer any questions you have.
Please see the information below on how to submit your application.
To complete an application, please submit all of the following parts:
- McNair Scholars Application (completed and signed electronically)
- Statement of Purpose and Research Experience Essay (Please upload into application)
- A curriculum vitae and/or resume including, but not limited to, a list of all academic honors, distinctions, scholarships, memberships in academic and extracurricular organizations and participation in academic activities (Please upload into application).
- Most recent copy (2014) of IRS Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return (preferred method) or any other proof of household’s taxable income* (Please upload into application).
- Three Letters of Recommendation (2 from faculty; 1 from anyone; send link below to recommenders)
*Other forms that can serve as proof of income include: (A) a signed statement from the individual’s parent or guardian; (B) verification from another governmental source; (C) a signed financial aid application