The call for proposals is now open and we invite you to submit a proposal for consideration based upon the theme. The Black Student-Athlete Summit offers you the opportunity to share your knowledge, scholarship, and expertise, which will advance the critical discussion around these very important issues. We welcome presentations and posters that can be implemented to improve the experiences of the black student-athlete.
Our summit will have a “Ted Talk” feel. Presentations will be 10 minutes with a question and answer session after each series of presenters. There will be an allocated poster session during the summit. All are welcome to submit a presentation or poster proposal.
The following questions should help guide your presentation:
- What is a controversy in your field that a general audience would understand as it relates to the African American student-athlete?
- What is a common misconception that you would like to clear up?
- Why is this idea important, and to whom?
- How did you carry out or implement this idea?
- Why is this topic important to the future of the African American student-athlete?