The Longhorn Center for Community Engagement offers an array of services to UT students, faculty, staff and local community partners designed to advance community engagement efforts. Access any of the services offered below to help start or strengthen your service initiatives.
- Access our online database – utvolunteers.org – to search for volunteer opportunities, and track service hours for you or your group. Through this database, users can also search by interest area, non-profit group, or by date. Non-profit organizations are able to post and manage online service listings at no charge.
- The Serve Here Spotlight is a weekly listserv published every Monday, to a campus and community audience, announcing upcoming public service opportunities, service events, and scholarships, internships, and awards. Non-profit organizations may submit service opportunities by filling out our online submission form.
- Focus on service within your field or interests:
- Get involved in these Post-Graduate Service Opportunities.
Academic Service-Learning Courses
Enrolling in an academic service-learning course is a great way to enhance your learning. Our office maintains a current listing of ASL courses offered each semester. This listing is updated several times throughout the academic year, please visit often to learn about new courses being added.
Our office takes pleasure in recognizing superior civic engagement efforts that many UT students, staff, faculty and student organizations undertake. Consider participating in our of the recognition programs or make someone’s day by by nominating them for an award that acknowledges their impact in the local community.
- Volunteer of the Month Nomination Form
- Student Org of the Month Nomination Form
- President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Tower Awards
Our staff is available for one on one consultation with students, staff, faculty or student organizations to provide guidance in the following areas:
- Finding service-learning courses and service opportunities.
- Planning and executing service projects for individuals or groups.
- Information on best practices and risk management planning.
- Self-reflection materials for community service activities.
- Tools for understanding how to work effectively with community partners.
Email us at email@example.com to schedule your free consultation.