Thanks to one of our students for making us aware of this great opportunity!
Thanks to a generous contribution from NBCUniversal, the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is proud to announce the creation of the NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship.
The NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship will offer four scholarships for the fall of 2013 to 2nd year associate students; undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors; and graduate students with disabilities pursuing communication or media-related degrees. Each recipient will receive $5,625 for the tuition and fees at their college or university.
Any 2nd year associate’s degree student; undergraduate sophomore, junior, or senior; or graduate student who self-identifies as an individual with any type of disability and is pursuing a communication or media related degree is invited to apply.
Please note: You will not be required to disclose your specific disability; however, your application for this scholarship will signify that you consider yourself a person with a disability. This scholarship is run specifically for students with disabilites by the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), the nation’s largest cross-disability membership organization.
How to Apply
Applications must be received by 5:00PM EST on or before Sunday August 11, 2013.
Applicants must submit the following items.
- The application (click to download)
- A resume
- An official transcript (for the degree you a currently pursuing)
- Two 300-350 word eassys (see application for topics)
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or other academic advisor
Please note: All applications must be submitted in an accessible format. Any candidate who submits an application in an inaccessible format will be automatically disqualified.
Submit all applications to email@example.com. We accept transcripts in electronic and paper formats. Paper transcripts should be mailed to the following address.
American Association of People with Disabilities
2013 H St. NW, 5th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20006
What Happens Next?
- Completed applications received by AAPD before 5:00 PM EST, Sunday, August 11, 2013 will be collected and submitted for an anonymous review by our Scholarship Review Team.
- Please note: All applicants will be evaluated based on demonstrated leadership characteristics, the connectivity between your degree and the disability community, engagement within the communications and/or media fields, difficulty of coursework, success in coursework, and character. AAPD reserves the right to alter this list during the selection process.
- Seven applications will be selected for a final anonymous review by our Selection Committee, consisting of AAPD Board Members, Interns, Staff, and an NBCUniversal Representative.
- Recipients selected to receive a scholarship will be notified by 5:00PM EST, August 22, 2013.