Austin Independent School District (AISD)
DEI provided diversity training for AISD administrators through two daylong programs designed through a collaborative partnership between DEI and AISD’s Cultural Proficiency and Inclusiveness Office. Administrators explored social identities, intersections, and connections to oppression and privilege. Beginning in Spring 2012, DEI entered into a partnership with the UT Principalship Program in the College of Education and facilitated half-day trainings for almost 500 AISD staff members, as part of the AISD central office’s process of becoming a No Place for Hate campus through the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). Additionally, research was presented at the 2012 Critical Race Studies in Education Association (CRSEA) conference in New York.
Texas Diversity Council Best Practices
DEI and Campus Diversity and Strategic Initiatives (CDSI) staff members co-presented for the Texas Diversity Council 2011 Best Practices & DiversityFIRST Awards Luncheon. The presentation, entitled Exploring Social Identities, prompted area diversity professionals to consider their own positionalities and social identities, exploring the potential impact on others while establishing strategies for interrupting oppression.
Here are a few examples of our partnerships/presentations.
- Anti-Defamation League, Summer Educators Institute
- Austin Independent School District (AISD)
- Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Austin Travis County Integral Care
- Association of Fraternity Advisors National Webinar
- Capital Metro LGBT Diversity Celebration
- Pflugerville Independent School District (PISD)
- Texas Civil Rights Project
- Texas Diversity Council