The Institute for Community, University and School Partnerships (ICUSP) and KLRU-TV invite the public to a live taping of Blackademics Television. Admission is free; doors open at 6:30 p.m.; show starts at 7 p.m. Filming will take place in KLRU Studio 6A; 2504-B Whitis Ave on the University of Texas at Austin campus.
-February 4th, 7:00p
- Blackness in Japanese Hip Hop – Presented by Dawn-Elissa Fisher, San Francisco State University
- Black Studies in the Vibrant Intellectual Life of an Artist & Scholar – Presented by Lisa Thompson, UT Austin
- Youth On-Line – Presented by Autumn Caviness, UT Austin
- Youth and the Digital Footprint – Presented by Kevin Michael Foster, UT Austin
- Not a Natural, but Very Well Trained! Black Excellence in the Arts – Presented by Denise Hart, Howard University
-February 5th, 7:00p
- On the Future of Genocide – Presented by Joao Vargas, Bruce Saunders, Brannen Temple, and Chris Medearis, of UT Austin
- Race: Taking Apart an Outdated Concept – Presented by Yasmyn Irizzarry, Mississippi State University
- What if Greensboro 4 Had Twitter? Black & Digital in the Social Media Era – Presented by Mark Anthony Neal, Duke University
- Racial Triangulation: Rethinking the Positions of Race – Presented by Eric Tang, UT Austin
- Spreading Academic Knowledge in the Age of Social Media – Presented by Kevin Michael Foster, UT Austin
Visit the website.