The Hogg Foundation has announced the 2014 recipients of the Ima Hogg Scholarship award, an annual scholarship of $5,000 to support graduate social work students in Texas. The scholarships are awarded to second- year graduate students who demonstrate a strong commitment to providing mental health services after graduation in Texas.
University of Texas at Austin graduate student Jill Hokanson is among those to receive scholarships. Hokanson will begin an internship at the Counseling & Mental Health Center on campus this fall. She was previously an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer in the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement.
Other scholarship recipients include the following:
- Suzanne Alsina, Texas State University
- Terrance Benson, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Marlett Garcia, University of Texas at El Paso
- Landon “Awstin” Gregg, Texas A&M University – Commerce
- Carolyn Cole Meyer, Baylor University
- Adriana Rae Ortiz, University of Texas Pan American
- Lisa Marie Richardson, University of Houston
- Emily Wilson, University of Texas at Arlington
- Sophia Worth, University of Texas at San Antonio
Read more about the scholarships on the Hogg Foundation web site.