Event Day Information:
Thank you for your interest in The Project! We are proud to continue this tradition of service each year, and invite you to be a part of it. Media and press are welcome to visit our worksites, meet student volunteers, and community residents.
We will also host pre-event kick-off programs prior to each volunteer shift, as well as our executive briefings (held immediately following the kick-offs) at our event headquarters.
Media packets are available upon request.
As sites are finalized, we will post a guide for media crews to visit sites with the best access and activity.
(a full and final schedule of events can be found on our Event Schedule page)
Kickoff 1: 9:00-9:45am
Shift 1: 10am-2pm
Kickoff 2: 11:30am-12:15pm
Shift 2: 1:00-5pm
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions, or for more information.
-The Project: 9317 Hours of Student Volunteering (utexas.edu)
-‘Project’ unites longhorns, communities around the world (The Daily Texan)
-Dove Springs community leader wants to bring peace back to the neighborhood (DDCE News)
Press Release: Community fair to focus on health and wellness, resources for Dove Springs
-The Project unites alumni, students in community service (The Daily Texan)
– Alumni Gear Up for Month of Service (The Alcalde)
– The Project expands to Texas Exes’ chapters nationwide (KNOW Events)
– Texas Exes and The Project announce partnership for global service event (The Alcalde)
– Texas Exes CARE about The Project (TexasExes.org)
– Press Release: Project 2012 hosts its annual event at Dove Springs and Onion Creek
– DDCE News coverage (DDCE News)
– Project 2011 video
– UT volunteer project targets Lanier High School
– UT students volunteer in north Austin for Project 2011
– North Lamar Contact Team announces The Project event
– Press Release: Thousands of Students Expected to Spruce Up Austin Neighborhood
– DDCE News coverage
– Press Release: Project 2009 Volunteer Effort Collaborates with Clinton Global Initiative University
– Project 2008 video