40 Hours to show our passion for community and diversity efforts at the Forty Acres
We have 40 Hours to show our passion for inclusion at the Forty Acres.
What is the work of the DDCE? We are:
- A Pre-K to Ph.D education pipeline
- An inclusive and welcoming campus
- Academic support for first generation Longhorns
- Service learning and civic engagement
Make your gift count by supporting the DDCE program of your choice, or select one of our highlighted initiatives below.
Hoops with Vince Young!
The first 10 donors who make a new gift of $1,000 or more will be invited to take the afternoon off and have fun shooting hoops with former Longhorns quarterback, Vince Young at the UT Elementary School gym. Delicious food and refreshing drinks are included.
Make a gift now.
- Gender & Sexuality Center Endowment (GSC): Established in 2004 to provide opportunities for all members of the university community to explore, organize, and promote learning around issues of gender and sexuality. The center also facilitates a greater responsiveness to the needs of women and the LGBTQ communities through education, outreach, and advocacy. Your gift will ensure that the GSC has funding for programs for generations to come.
- Multicultural Engagement Center Endowment (MEC): Established in 1988, to transform lives by providing diverse educational opportunities and support services for students. Your gift will ensure that MEC has funding to support academic, outreach and leadership development programming for the hundreds of current students and thousands of future students.
- Neighborhood Longhorns Program (NLP): NLP is an incentive-based college awareness program designed to improve academic performance and increase attendance rates for first generation, low socioeconomic students in Austin. Your gift will help provide field trips and college scholarships for the 6,000 elementary and middle school students who participate annually.
- UT Elementary School (UTES). UTES is a research-based demonstration school located in East Austin that focuses on the total well-being and health of the child and preparing them for success in school and beyond. Your gift will fund the Healthy Families Initiative including a new early childhood playground for Pre-K and Kindergarten students. Your gift will be matched up to $5,000 with a contribution from a generous UTES supporter. The first 10 donors who make a new gift of $1,000 or more will be invited to take the afternoon off and have fun shooting hoops with former Longhorns quarterback, Vince Young at the UT Elementary School gym. Delicious food and refreshing drinks are included.