UT Austin President Gregory L. Fenves and Vice President Gregory J. Vincent presented two Community Leadership Circle Awards, a Community Partnership Award, and the Legacy Award on June 8 at the City of Austin’s Asian American Resource Center. For the second consecutive year, the UT Austin Asian and Asian American Faculty/Staff Association presented their RAISE Excellence Awards at the Community Leadership Award (CLA) event.
CLA honorees included:
- Mr. Rashed T. Islam, vice president of HDR Engineering, Community Leadership Circle
- Mr. Paul Kim, CEO of ATX Environmental Solutions Community Leadership Circle
- Refugee Services of Texas, Community Partnership Award
- Ms. Victoria Li, national executive director of Asian Pacific American Public Affairs Association (APAPA), Legacy Award
RAISE Excellence Award winners:
- Mihyun Lim, Outstanding Student
- Dr. Aloysius K. Mok, Computer Science Department, Outstanding Faculty
- Justin Samuel, Division of Housing and Food Services, Outstanding Staff
In his remarks at the event, Dr. Vincent said, “The Community Leadership Awards provide us an opportunity to celebrate organizations and individuals who have worked toward closing the poverty, educational, and opportunity gaps in the fight for economic equality.” Both Islam and Li are alumni of the Cockrell School of Engineering. All CLA honorees have been active in numerous civic and educational organizations.