The Center for the Study of Race and Democracy is hosting an event titled “Black Lives, American Justice: From Ferguson to Dallas” on Sept. 15, 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. at the LBJ School of Public Affairs, room 3.122.
The event will bring together thought leaders, scholars, and activists to discuss some of the most critical issues of our time and what policy, cultural and social responses are needed to frame the conversation required to move the nation forward toward a more perfect union. This will be a moderated discussion that will leave time for Q&A with audience.
- Dr. Penial Joseph, Center for the Study of Race and Democracy
- Dr. Leonard Moore, Division of Diversity and Community Engagement, College of Liberal Arts
- Fatima Mann, Austin Justice Coalition
- Dr. Christen Smith, African and African Diaspora Studies Department
- Sherri Greenberg, LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Elizabeth Petit, Department of Sociology
- Virginia Cumberbatch, Community Engagement Center
The event is free and open to the public. Go to this site to register.