Digital Maker’s Lab to Host Info Session on Innovation Competition
What’s your best story to make public media engaging, compelling, social and diverse? The Digital Maker’s Lab is looking for new ideas and new ways to re-imagine the future of public media. Students are invited to attend an information session on Feb. 23, 5-7 p.m. at KLRU Studio 6A, at the corner of Guadalupe and Dean Keeton St.
Any current UT Austin undergraduate is eligible. Teams can be up to five students. Individual submissions are also welcome. Proposals are due March 24.
Prizes and benefits include:
- $500-$1,500 of seed funding
- Access to mentoring and networks with professionals in the field
- Preference for KLRU to broadcast documentaries
- Article featuring finalists in Access & Excellence, the magazine of the DDCE
- Documentaries to be shown at the 2018 Longhorn Center for Academic Excellence Banquet
The Digital Maker’s Lab is a collaboration between the DDCE, KLRU-TV, Austin PBS, and the Moody College of Communication. It provides small fellowships to emerging creators of digital content.