How should college campuses respond to hate speech? What are the constitutional limits on restricting speech on college campuses? A panel of faculty and policy researchers will examine these questions at an event titled “Free Speech on College Campuses: Where to Draw the Line?” Hosted by The Institute for Urban Policy Research and Analysis and the DDCE, the event is happening on Friday, Oct. 20, 12-1:30 p.m. in the Peter O’Donnell, Jr. Building, Avaya Auditorium (POB 2.302).
Panelists will include:
· Brianna Davis, doctoral student, Educational Leadership and Policy
· Robert Jensen, professor of journalism
· Peniel Joseph, professor of history and public affairs
· H.W. Perry Jr., professor of government and law
· Shetal Vohra-Gupta, associate director, Institute for Urban Policy Research and Analysis
· Sharon Watkins Jones, director of political strategies, Texas ACLU
The panel will be moderated by Dr. Leonard Moore, interim vice president of diversity and community engagement and George Littlefield Professor of American History.
The event is free and open to the public. Lunch will be provided. Visit this website for more details. Be sure to use this hashtag to join the online conversation: #OpFoForward