Panel Discussion to Explore Free Speech on College Campuses
Does political correctness limit academic freedom? Should we invite provocative or political speakers? How does propaganda differ from political speech? Join the DDCE , the Opportunity Forum and IUPRA for a second panel discussion on free speech on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 4:30-6:30 p.m., in Mary E. Gearing Hall, GEA 105.
Panel moderated by Leonard Moore includes:
- Lorraine Pangle, Professor of Government, University of Texas at Austin
- Mark Pulliam, UT Alumni from the Law School and member of the Federalist Society
- David Rabban, Professor of Law, University of Texas at Austin
- Ross Ramsey, Executive Editor, Texas Tribune
- Lori Holleran Steiker, Professor of Social Work, University of Texas at Austin
- Eric Tang, Associate Professor of African and African Diaspora Studies, University of Texas at Austin
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. Go to this website to register.