Sociologists from various universities across the nation will come together at UT Austin to discuss the topic of race in the social sciences on Friday, April 27, 9-11 a.m. in the College of Liberal Arts Building, room 1.302E. Topics will include the study of race in the social sciences, teaching, research, publishing, navigating the job market and more.
- Anima Adjepong, Simmons College
- Shantel G. Buggs, Florida State University
- Ben Carrington, University of Southern California
- Erika D. Grajeda, City University of New York
- Gloria González-López and Sharmila Rudrappa, The University of Texas at Austin
The event is sponsored by The Race and Ethnicity Working Group of the Department of Sociology with support from the College of Liberal Arts, the Center for Women’s and Gender Studies, and the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement.