Grad Students and Post Docs Invited to Discuss and Network with Liberal Arts Colleges Reps
Call all graduate students and post-docs interested in teaching at a Liberal Arts college or university. You are invited to join us for a morning discussion and networking lunch with representives from LADO (Liberal Arts Diversity Officers), a consortium of 31 liberal arts colleges and universities.
Friday, September 21, 9:00am-3:00pm
SAC 2.302 Legislative Assembly Room
Register at http://bit.ly/lado-at-ut.
This is an opportunity to learn about careers at liberal arts colleges and to get specific advice about how to prepare for the application process in advance as well as when you are actually ready to enter the job market. LADO is particularly interested in attracting graduate students and postdocs from historically underrepresented groups to the event and to apply for faculty positions at these schools.
9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Welcome and introduction of Liberal Arts Diversity Officers (LADO) organization and panelists
9:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Panel on teaching, scholarship, and intellectual life at liberal arts colleges
10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Breakout discussions by disciplinary areas (social sciences, humanities, and STEM)
12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Networking lunch and roundtable discussions
1:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Individual meetings CV and cover letter review (Please note: limited number of students may participate. Please register for CV session here). Sessions will be held in SAC 2.302 and 2.120.
This event is co-sponsored by the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement.
Visiting Faculty from LADO Colleges and Universities
- Ngoni Munemo, Associate Professor of Political Science and Associate Dean of Institutional Diversity, Williams College
- Gretchen Long, Professor of History, Faculty Fellow of the Davis Center and the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity, Williams College
- Erin Wolcott, Assistant Professor of Economics, Middlebury College
- Mario Higa, Associate Professor of Portuguese, Chair of Spanish & Portuguese, Middlebury College
- Julie Rana, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Lawrence University
- Erik Klemetti, Associate Professor and Chair of Geosciences, Denison University