The annual Hearts of Texas Charitable Campaign is officially underway! Throughout the month of October, University of Texas at Austin employees can make a big impact on a cause—or multiple causes—that are close to their hearts.
Through a quick and simple payroll deduction form, you can make your gift to one or more charitable organizations that are fulfilling vital services— from food and housing resources to animal rescue shelters to free and low-cost medical services.
With communities still recovering from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the contributions made through this campaign will be a lifeline during this very difficult year. Each gift, of any amount, makes a difference and moves us closer to achieving our goal of $400,000.
Listed below are some examples of your gift’s impact throughout the year:
- For $2 per pay period, you can provide meals for a senior citizen for two weeks
- For $5 per pay period, you can sponsor eye exams for two children in need.
- For $10 per pay period, you can help a family in crisis with their utility bill or groceries.
- For $20 per pay period, you can support training in an environmental career for a person with a disability.
- For $45 per pay period, you can provide a $500 matching scholarship award for college tuition.