In accordance with the mission of the mission of AAMRI, our mentorship program seeks to enhance the collegiate experience of the University of Texas at Austin’s Black male population by connecting them with AAMRI mentors. AAMRI Mentors are comprised of Black male faculty and staff from across the UT Austin’s campus and resourceful community members. Through this mentorship relationship, AAMRI mentees will be exposed to opportunities, events, and guidance aimed to enhance their holistic well-being (academic, professional, and personal).
The mentorship experience aims to:
- Increase the 4-year graduation rate of Black males at UT-Austin
- Increase the number of Black male students engaged in co-curricular learning activities (i.e. study abroad, internship placements, leadership opportunities, etc.)
- Increase the number of Black males pursuing advanced education (i.e. J.D., M.D., Ph.D., M.A., MBA, etc.)
- Increase the amount of personal support for Black males matriculating through their educational experience.
- Further prepare Black males for inter-generational success beyond their schooling experience (career, family, relationships, etc.)