Our mission is to create a community on campus for first-generation students by providing them with a multi-tiered support network and an immersive layering of academic, social and professional experiences, workshops, resources, and events.
First-Generation students at The University of Texas at Austin are able to opt-in to any of the whole-person developmental services provided by First-Gen Equity, free of charge, that are listed below.
- First-Gen Transition: Coaches are available to provide year-long mentorship support for our incoming first-year students.*
- First-Gen Success: Coaching is available by appointment to provide as-needed support for sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
*Students who do not have a mentor through any other UT college/program will receive priority-selection
- Attend our annual First-Gen Camp, a pre-fall semester event for incoming freshmen
- Visit, study and socialize in our physical office space located in the Student Services Building (SSB 3.200)
- Sign up for our First-Gen Weekly Navigator Newsletter
- Join our First-Gen Equity Canvas page and social media channels
- Participate in any of our monthly social events/experiences
Resources & Connections
- Check out items from our technology lending libraries
- Use our center’s computers, printers and study spaces and reserve conference rooms
- Receive referrals to other campus resources and organizations based upon your interests/needs
- Attend our numerous academic, personal and professional workshops/events:
- College 101
- Study Skills
- Navigating the Austin-Area Bus System
- Getting Involved on Campus
- Moving Off Campus
- Self-Care & Mental Health
- Resumes, CVs & Cover Letters
- Interviewing Skills
- Networking Events
- And More!
- Connect to other LCAE Programs
- Attend UT’s annual First-Gen Week each November
- Participate in our First-Gen Grad Ceremony during the week of graduation commencement ceremonies
- Join our First-Gen Equity Alumni Network