UTransition provides a variety of resources to transfer students enrolled at UT and introduces them to services such as:
- Academic Support
- Social, Cultural, and Recreational Activities
- Free Tutoring in the Longhorn Center for Academic Excellence
- Graduate School Preparation Support
- ACE Workshops
- Tau Sigma Membership
Why Should I Participate in UTransition?
Transferring to a new school can be a difficult adjustment. UTransition can help you become accustomed to the UT environment and give you the support to succeed academically.
Joining UTransition will help you:
- Get connected with campus resources and opportunities such as individual tutoring, student organizations/events, financial aid, and scholarships
- Acquire the academic skills necessary to succeed at UT through ACE Workshops
- Grow as a student leader and build your resume
- Connect with other UT students
The UTransition Community
UTransition helps students establish and develop relationships with other students in the UT community as well as with UT faculty and staff members. This program offers monthly social events and workshops designed especially for transfer students by LCAE Staff and the UTransition Student board.
To learn more about specific UTransition events visit our Facebook page or contact Tiffany Lewis
Applications are accepted year-round. Transfer students are invited to apply to the UTransition Program after they have been officially admitted to the University. Students are accepted into the program every fall and spring semester based on their desire to join the program, their need for UTransition’s services, and their willingness to participate in program events. Preference is given to students who are the first in their families to attend college.
For an application, please contact Tiffany Lewis or call the Longhorn Center for Academic Excellence at 512-471-1205.