Benefits of DocuSign:
- It’s Legally Binding: DocuSign signatures meet requirements of both the US Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (ESIGN) Act, and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) and are recognized as valid under US law.
- It’s Secure: Approved by the ISO for use with confidential information when all security best practices are observed.
- It’s Fast and Efficient: eSignature reduces turn-around time, reduces manual staff labor, and provides the opportunity to increase efficiency.
- It’s Green and Sustainable: Processes can be completely paperless, cutting down on the need for storing copies, mail costs, and imaging.
- It’s Global and Available 24/7: Provides faculty, students, and staff a secure, effective, and fast way to sign and return documents anytime, anywhere in the world.
DocuSign Electronic Signatures
Properly obtained electronic signatures are acceptable for university business forms and documentation. Federal and state laws provide that electronic signatures have full validity under the law when obtained appropriately using compliant technologies, certifications, and authentications.
General acceptance of DocuSign signatures at UT Austin allows university business process owners and approval signers to set guidelines for accepting DocuSign signatures or routing in DocuSign workflows. Units and individual third-party signers have the option to use DocuSign when it is practical for them to do so and in accordance with guidelines set by university business owners.
Using DocuSign at UT Austin requires each unit using DocuSign to designate a DocuSign Unit Contact (DUC) to receive training on acceptable and appropriate use of DocuSign including best practices for complying with security, privacy, records retention, and other university policies.
DDCE DocuSign Contact and Training
Please contact Eileen Drake, email@example.com, with questions or if you are interested in one-on-one or small group training sessions.
Setting up An Account
Download instructions for setting up an account and access to Helpful Logistical Tips here.
Documents Located in Your DDCE DocuSign “Shared With Me” Templates:
- Official Occasion Expense Form
- Business Contracts Review Checklist
- Travel Cash Advance Request Form
- Travel Exception Form
- Co-Sponsorship Form
- Staff Additional Employment Form
- Faculty Additional Employment Form
- Independent Contractor Invoice