Records and Information Management Services (RMS) can help with records management in your area, such as identifying the types of records held in your department, assisting with a request to dispose, or helping you begin a records inventory using the records retention schedule.
Developing a Records Management Guide is not only required, it is also a useful way to manage valuable records across your division. DDCE Records Management Guide lays out a strategy for ensuring that confidential data is kept secure and mandatory standards are met across campus.
University Records Guidance While Working Remotely
University employees should be even more vigilant regarding the security of information and devices while working remotely. The best place to start is the Information Security Office’s Security guidance for working remotely.
In addition to protecting the security of information, you must also be vigilant in managing and retaining university records while working remotely. Read More….
DDCE Records Management Training
UT Resource Links
- Classifying Correspondence – Slideshow – **
- How to Create an Email Retention Filing System – Slideshow – **
- Records Management – Basic Training – Class
- Records Management – Managing Departmental Records – Class
- Records Management – Special Topics – Class
- University of Texas Archives Presentation – Slideshow – **