The Division of Diversity and Community Engagement’s Business Affairs Office and its division business partners seek to ensure DDCE business practices, procedures and individual contributions of work, meet and align with the University of Texas at Austin’s policies and standards of work excellence. In addition to serving as a liaison between the Division, and University administrative and academic units, DDCE Business Affairs main responsibilities include:
Budget Administration & Accounting Services
- Audit financial activity on DDCE Vice President and DDCE Program accounts including: state, legislative appropriations, contracts & grants, designated funds, auxiliary funds, gifts, and endowments.
- Analyze and report information for management decision-making.
- Serve as an official steward for contracts and payments involving the Division and assist DDCE units with purchasing procedures.
- Facilitate staff understanding of DDCE and university financial and administrative procedures.
Ethics & Compliance
- In partnership with University Compliance Services and the Office of the Vice President and CFO, enhance the Division’s commitment to integrity by providing education and training for the Division’s faculty, staff and students to avoid compliance and ethics failures, and to apply best practices.
Grant Management and Support
- Assist with organizing proposal efforts.
- Facilitate the internal review and submission process.
- Support the establishment of an award management strategy upon receipt of funding.
- Provide processing and reporting support through life of awards or post award.
Human Resources Services
- Monitor compliance with UT policies concerning work authorization, background checks, and required University compliance training.
- Review and coordinate personnel action forms.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining a highly qualified staff
- Facilitate positive employee relations and a premier work environment.
Information Technology Support
- Provide secure, reliable, and responsive IT systems, solutions and support including:
- Desktop support services
- Business intelligence
- Training support.