Supporting Students with Disabilities: Virtual Webinar with LIME Connect
Student Services Building, G 1.310 & 1.312
Thursday, February 21st, 1pm-2pm
Glen Maloney Room
100 W Dean Keeton St, Austin, TX 78712
Services for Students with Disabilities invites you to join us for a virtual webinar hosted by LIME Connect, addressing disability-related aspects of students’ career pursuits. Lime Connect is a global non-profit organization that focuses on rebranding disability though achievement. Through their programs they offer networking opportunities, professional development, and a fellowship program for high achieving undergraduate students with disabilities.
During this virtual webinar, LIME will discuss common concerns students with disabilities have when planning their careers and strategic ways to support them at various points in the process. Some topics covered will include:
- Deciding whether to disclose a disability in application materials
- Reframing academic challenges shown on transcripts
- Types of accommodations available throughout the career search process (application, interviewing, accommodations during employment)
- Resources for staff and students’ continued professional development
- Knowledge-share of employers with disability-related affirmative action goals
- Common questions and concerns about working with students with disabilities
Please RSVP by Friday, February 15th. Please feel free to share this invitation with anyone that might be interested in participating.