Even though it is still summer we are already looking ahead to Fall 2020. Please read below for some important updates for plans for Fall 2020.
Plans for Fall 2020
On June 29th the Interim President announced additional details about the plans for Fall 2020. Students should read through the announcement so they can begin making their own plans for the fall semester. There are still a number of decisions that are still being made so be sure to pay attention to additional updates and announcements.
Here are some specific items that may be relevant to students registered with SSD:
- Students can choose to take all classes online without needing an individualized accommodation from SSD.
- Students will be able to use their academic accommodations regardless of the format of their class (although the accommodations they may need to use might be different).
- Masks will be required when on campus; students who plan to come to campus should obtain masks that will work best for their individual situation. Students who have disability-concerns about their ability to wear a mask on campus should contact their Disabilities Services Coordinator.
- SSD staff will continue to work remotely for the time being. Students can still contact SSD/their Disabilities Services Coordinator by phone or email.
Protect Texas Together Website
UT has created the Protect Texas Together website to answer questions about the plans for the Fall 2020. Visit this page to learn about topics that are relevant to you (campus housing, student organizations, working on campus, etc.).
Texas One Stop also has information related to your plans for fall including FAQs about how to change your classes, tuition questions, etc.
We know there is a lot of information to look through but these resources should answer many of your questions. Please remember that SSD can only answer questions specific to accommodations and access and there are many specific details that are still being decided.
Apply for the SSD Student Advisory Committee
SSD is accepting applications for students to serve on the 2020-2021 SSD Advisory Committee. This important committee provides SSD with student perspectives on SSD policies, procedures and programming and involves attending one meeting a month. More information and the application are posted on the SSD Website. Applications are due August 7th.
- July 9th: Last class day for first-term classes. Last day to drop a first-term class,with required approvals.
- July 13th:
Classes begin for second-term classes.
July 28th: Last class day for nine-week classes. Last day to drop a nine-week class.
- Summer 2020 Academic Calendar
Free Online Digital Resources
There are lots of options for finding digital materials for free. Check out some of our recommended resources!
Check out the SSD Website for additional employment and career resources!
Staying Well While Staying Home
UHS has put together resources for taking care of yourself and others while we are apart. Check them out here!