The application is now open for the 2023-2024 Disability and Access-Disability Cultural Center (D&A-DCC) Student Advisory Committee.
The D&A-DCC Student Advisory Committee provides a way for students to provide direct input to D&A and the DCC in order to:
- help D&A and the DCC better meet the needs of UT students with disabilities
- foster leadership skills in UT students with interests in disability topics and
- encourage student advocacy for disability inclusion and disability-related issues on campus
The committee will be led by D&A and DCC Staff. Agenda items may include items such as gathering feedback on best ways to reach students, reviewing D&A-DCC documents and materials, discussing ideas for how to improve the accommodation process on campus, and requesting student suggestions for D&A-DCC programming.
Requirements for student membership are:
- current enrollment as a UT-Austin student
- availability to meet at the committee meeting time, and
- commitment to making a positive contribution to the awareness and experience of UT students with disabilities.
Student Advisory members will serve from the beginning of the fall semester through the end of the next spring semester (1 year). Students who meet these requirements should submit a completed application by July 31st.
Please complete an application if you are interested in being considered for a position on the D&A-DCC Student Advisory Committee. Selected students will be notified mid-August. Click the following link to apply! https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cMxT3ec4Hf1Rv8N