Texas Education Code, Chapter 51, Subchapters E-2 and E-3, requires reporting incidents of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, or stalking committed by or against a person who was a student enrolled at or an employee of UT Austin at the time of the incident. However, SSD staff have been designated as confidential employees. This means that if we learn about any incidents of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, or stalking, we are only required to report the type of incident reported and the date we learn about the incident to the UT Title IX office. We will not report any information that could identify you. This includes information contained in documentation or that may be disclosed to staff in person or in email or phone communication. SSD will always be happy to provide referrals for resources and support for survivors. For more information about our policies on sexual misconduct, please visit the General Information Catalog, Appendix D or the Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP) 3-3031. Information related to incidents of sexual misconduct that is disclosed in documentation may be reported to the Title IX Office. Disability/diagnostic information will be kept in accordance with SSD’s Confidentiality Guidelines.
SSD Forms and Documents
Online Submission Forms
- Interpreter/Captioning Requests by UT DHH Students,Faculty and Staff
- Interpreter/Captioning Requests for Departmental/Campus Events
- Interpreter Sub Request Form
- Accommodations Letter Request
Since disability-related information is considered confidential, a release of information must be on file if a student needs an SSD staff member to communicate with anyone outside SSD. People that students may want SSD staff to communicate with may include, but are not limited to, parents, physicians, therapists and other specific UT personnel.
Documentation guidelines outline the specific information that must be included on reports or evaluations that the student may submit to SSD in order to register for services. Specific information is available according to the type of disability. Please make sure to reference the set of guidelines that most closely match the student’s disability.
- Guidelines for Learning Disabilities
These guidelines are for students with learning disorders. Conditions may include reading disorder, disorder of written expression and math disorder.
- Guidelines for AD/HD
These guidelines are for students with attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder.
- Guidelines for Autism
These guidelines are for students with autism spectrum diagnoses.
- Guidelines for Traumatic Brain Injury
These guidelines are for student with a previously diagnosed traumatic brain injuries.
- Guidelines for Documenting a Psychological Disability
These guidelines are for students with psychological or psychiatric disorders. Conditions may include, but are not limited to, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, etc.
- Guidelines for Documenting a Physical or Medical Disability
These guidelines are for students with physical or medical disabilities. Conditions may include, but are not limited to, conditions that affect mobility ( multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida) or medical conditions such chemical sensitivities, narcolepsy, gastrointestinal conditions (IBS, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis) , cancer, epilepsy, AIDS, diabetes, asthma, etc.
- Guidelines for Documenting Blindness and Low Vision
These guidelines are for students who are blind or have low vision.
- Guidelines for Documenting Hearing Loss
These guidelines are for students who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
- Guidelines for Documenting Temporary Disabilities
These guidelines are for documenting disabilities that are temporary in nature.
SSD has developed a verification form to aid in providing documentation to our office.
- Verification Form for Students with ADHD/Psychological Disability.pdf
- Verification Form for Students with Autism.pdf
- Verification Form for Students with Physical or Medical Disabilities.pdf
- Verification Form for Students with Blindness and Low Vision.pdf
- Verification Form for Students with Temporary Disabilities.pdf
Other Accommodation Request Forms
Housing Accommodation Forms
- RequestforHousingAccommodations online form
- HousingVerificationForm (pdf)
- Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Verification Form (pdf)
- ESA Guidelines (pdf)
Placement Exam Accommodation Request Form
Online Class Accommodation Request Form
| Back to top |