Individual accommodation letters are provided to students to deliver to their faculty members that outline the accommodations approved for that student by SSD. The following links contains suggested instructional tips in addition to possible approved accommodations for a variety of disabilities. The suggested tips, along with the information on specific disabilities, allow instructors to have a better picture of what barriers to instruction students with disabilities may face in a classroom. The instructional tips suggested are generally at the discretion of the instructor and are meant to give you greater insight into what is helpful. Please contact SSD at 471-6259 if you have questions about required accommodations or suggested instructional tips.
- AD/HD and Learning Disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Psychological Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Medical and Physical Disabilities
- Visual Disabilities
- Hearing Disabilities
- Video: Invisible Disabilities and Postsecondary Education
- Video: Building the Team: Faculty, Staff, and Students Working Together
Colorado State University has developed modules containing more information about working with students with disabilities. Check out their Access to Postsecondary Education through Universal Design Learning site.
- Guidelines for Securing Class Notes
- Ask How, Not If
- Creating an Accessible Classroom
- Creating Accessible Programming
| Back to top |