The HBP Content Updates page displays links to new content that is added to the HBP. It also displays links to content that is updated, along with an explanation of what part of the content changed. Links to new and updated content remain posted on this page for at least six months.
Send questions and comments about HBP content to askUS@austin.utexas.edu. All feedback is forwarded to the appropriate subject matter experts and executive authority for review.
A quarterly email notification is sent to members of the Council of University Business Officers (CUBO) and the HBP News List with information about new and updated content that was added to the Handbook of Business Procedures in the previous quarter.
To subscribe to the HBP News List, go to UT Lists and click Subscribe on the left-hand side of the page.
- 2.5. Account Reconciliation (6/2/2020)
- 2.7 Account Balances (2/18/2020) Added new sub-section for account balances procedures to Fund Accounting section.
- 9.1.7. Advances For Research Subjects And Survey Participants (4/15/2020) Removed requirements to pay UT employees through Payroll Services.
- 12.6. Taxes (2/28/2020) Now includes information on receiving 1099-MISC and 1042-S forms electronically.
- 9.2.7. Payment Generation and Distribution (2/26/2020) Updated link for Check Distribution Code “P” For All Check Pick Up In Person.
- 11.5.4. Receipts (2/11/2020) Removed language which excluded Airbnb as an acceptable short-term rental.
Procard Management (1/21/2020) The following sections of the HBP have been redrafted to reflect updated policies and procedures:
- 7.8. The Procurement Card Program
- 7.8.1. Procedures for ProCard Holders
- 7.8.2. ProCard Application and Issuance Process
- 7.8.3. Appropriate Conduct with ProCard
- 7.8.4. ProCard Usage
- 7.8.5. Payment Voucher Processing
- 7.8.6. Reporting Requirements for Misuse
- 7.8.7. Consequences of Misuse
- 7.8.8. ProCard Cancellations
- 7.8.9. Contact Information