Develop a campus community that fosters a sense of belonging and empowers individuals to be their authentic selves while encouraging thoughtful dialogue, inquiry and understanding among those of different life experiences, backgrounds and personal and cultural values.
Examples of Objectives
- Youth Protection Program (YPP) will provide ongoing training for camp directors and designated individuals to help them better understand their diverse populations of students.
- Longhorn Center for School Partnerships (LCSP) will organize recruitment events involving UT Austin YEC alumni.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Office will collaborate with SSD and other campus partners to continue and expand the Campus Testing Center (CTC).
- Women in Stem (WiSTEM) will increase sense of belonging, self-efficacy and STEM identity for STEM students across campus to advance gender equity in STEM.
- UT Charter School System (UTCSS) will ensure that all students will develop strong social and emotional skills to support learning and relationships.
- The Gender & Sexuality Center (GSC) will increase its presence across the university and the community.