Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it— including data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants. Candid now houses the Foundation Directory Online, GuideStar, and Candid Learning.
To head to their website and learn more about all that Candid has to offer, click here.
- Proposal Writing Webinar — learn the key components of a proposal to a foundation.
- Checklist for New Nonprofits – know how for new nonprofits with limited knowledge of fundraising.
- Introduction to Fundraising Planning – creating a strategic plan for fundraising.
- Potential Red Flags in a Grant Proposal – quick tips on what not to do in a grant proposal.
Also available in Spanish: Principios de la redacción de propuestas.
Many more free webinars available here.
Mission Capital provides professional development, consulting and facilitation support to Central Texas leaders, organizations, and networks. They equip and connect mission-driven leaders, organizations, and networks advancing equity and opportunity through their work.
Click here to check out their website and learn more about what they’re doing to support local organizations who are changing the community.
Center for Nonprofit Studies at Austin Community College
ACC’s Center for Nonprofit Studies offers a Certificate in Effective Fundraising – a year-long comprehensive and systematic experience-based learning opportunity for those in- and outside the nonprofit sector interested in learning the key competencies required to be a self-aware, confident, reflective, ethical fundraising professional.
To find out more about one of Austin’s “best kept secrets” click here.
Notley EDU helps nonprofit organizations apply entrepreneurial approaches in order to increase an organization’s capacity, scale their impact, and advance their mission. This program provides courses oriented around the 4 educational pillars:
Expanding Your Mindset, Funding Your Organization, Communicating Your Story, and Scaling Your Impact.
Check out available educational resources here!
Mini-Webinar Series, The Grantsmanship Center:
- How to Get a Grant, 4:06
- How to Apply for Federal Grants, 8:31
- 8 Reasons You’ll Get the Grant, 2:16
- How to Start a Nonprofit – comprehensive guide to starting and sustaining a nonprofit.
- How to Start a Nonprofit in Texas – documents and know how necessary to be established in Texas.
- Grantwriting 101 – a beginner’s guide to the grant proposal writing process.
- IssueLab – a Foundation Center service that provides free access to case studies, evaluations and issue briefs of pressing social problems.
- “The Dos and Don’ts of Grantwriting” – quick checklist on what to be aware of before starting the grantwriting process.
The following links will take you to useful, free sites related to funding research, nonprofit management, technical assistance and online training as well as connect you with other local, state and national organizations and institutions with whom you can network for success.