CREATEatUT is a 4-day, 3-night, on-campus residential (overnight) summer camp for rising high school juniors.
CREATE at The University of Texas at Austin (CREATEatUT) is an on-campus, overnight summer camp designed for students going into their junior year of high school who have an interest in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM). Over the 4-day, 3-night camp experience, students will learn about the engineering majors offered at UT Austin, experience the engineering design process through hands-on engineering design challenges, explore STEM through on-campus tours, and connect with STEM college students, faculty, and industry professional role models.
The program will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Engineering and Its Possibilities: Immerse yourself in the engineering design process through hands-on activities and challenges and deepen your understanding of the diverse areas in engineering.
- Engineering Applications in the Real World: Learn how engineers shape our world through interactive discussions and presentations with women industry professionals, Texas Engineering women faculty, and women engineering student mentors.
- College and University Exploration: Explore the UT Austin campus through field trips, gain tips to support your college and university exploration, learn more about UT Austin and the Cockrell School of Engineering and connect with current engineering students.
Who Should Apply?
CREATEatUT is for rising high school juniors (students who will be in their junior year beginning August/September 2022). Students in their sophomore year of high school at the time of application are eligible to apply.
$750 due by May 13, 2022. Scholarships are available and may be requested as part of the application process.
Application Process & Timeline
100% completed applications will be reviewed holistically. The essays are weighted more heavily than other aspects of the application.
- Application Opens: March 11, 2022
- Early Application Deadline: March 25, 2022
- Early Admissions Decision Notification: April 8, 2022
- Final Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Deadline to accept offer, complete pre-survey, and pay registration fee: May 24, 2022
The application form does not pause and save. You will have to complete this form in one sitting. View a full PDF copy of the application to see ALL questions in advance of starting the application.
Students should complete the application (not the parent, teacher, or guardian). The application form does not pause and save. You will have to complete this form in one sitting. View a full PDF copy of the application to see ALL questions in advance of starting the application.