WiSTEM Outreach Ambassadors are a part of a larger Student Leadership Ecosystem that supports and fosters a network of STEM student leaders from the WiSTEM student leadership community (Camp Counselors, Outreach Ambassadors, Peer Coaches, Program Assistants, Support Squad Peer Mentors) and over 25 STEM student organizations working to advance gender equity and inclusion. Programming includes leadership training, professional skills building, community creating, career exploration, mentoring, and community outreach initiatives.
WiSTEM Outreach Ambassadors are current undergraduate STEM students who serve as representatives of the WiSTEM community. Ambassadors participate in a wide range of activities and initiatives, including serving as presenters, facilitators, and hosts at a variety of school-wide events on campus or in the community, as well as panelists, event coordinators, guest speakers, small group facilitators, leadership retreat facilitators, tour guides, student liaisons, outreach event participants and other positions for WiSTEM.
-Have access to valuable professional development content
-Support WiSTEM outreach to prospective students
-Promote STEM to the Kindergarten – 12th grade community
-Increase confidence in leadership & communication skills
-Develop connections with others
-Earn a K-12 STEM Outreach Certificate
-Develop collaboration & teamwork skills
- Must be degree-seeking student in good academic standing
- Complete online training
- Attend in person training, meetings
- Serve as student coordinator for STEM Girl Day
- Volunteer & participate in at least 4 campus, community or virtual STEM-related activities or initiatives during the academic year
- Complete activity reports for each volunteer activity
- Communicate with Outreach advisor and other ambassadors frequently