K-12 STEM Outreach
WiSTEM reaches 12,000+ K-12 students and families through STEM Girl Day at UT Austin and High School STEM Summer Camp programming and resource sharing. As well as 6,000+ STEM advocates and educators from non-profits, K-12 schools, universities and colleges, and companies from across Texas and beyond through the Texas Girls Collaborative Project.
GivePulse is used to collect STEM volunteer requests and connect STEM volunteers to the requests. This includes connecting in our over 50 UT Austin Women in STEM Outreach Ambassadors, engineering role models with Central Texas Discover Engineering, STEM professionals who serve as volunteers with UT Austin Women in STEM and our Texas Girls Collaborative Project community, and other STEM role models in organization in our community.
Outreach is powered by WiSTEM Outreach Ambassadors. Due to the university’s academic calendar, undergraduate WiSTEM Ambassadors may not be able to accommodate all event requests.
Tips for Making Requests:
1. Title the request clearly and describe to capture attention
examples: “Tomball ISD Girls STEAM Conference Seeks STEM Speakers” “Volunteer in 3rd Grade at Grandview Elementary Science Class: Topic = Water”
2. Clearly describe the volunteer need in the text boxes available
3. Provide specific details on expectations, how to prepare, what they need to bring, etc.
4. Be clear on the date/time of the event and when volunteers are needed
5. Submit via GivePulse with as much lead time as possible.
How our volunteers can serve:
small group facilitators
leadership retreat facilitators
outreach event participants
science fair judging